Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

Discussion in 'Java' started by Stefan Ram, Jul 1, 2012.

  1. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    "Qu0ll" <> writes:
    >I have somehow managed to break the file association between JAR files and
    >Java on Windows 7 such that I can no longer double click on an executable
    >JAR file. How can I fix it? Reinstalling the JRE has not helped.

    On my page

    http://www.purl.org/stefan_ram/pub/jar

    , I find:

    jar.reg =

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jar]
    @="jarfile"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile]
    @="Executable Jar File"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command]
    @="\"C:\\Programm Files\\Java\\jre1.7.0\\bin\\javaw.exe\" -jar \"%1\" %*"

    . To use this, you need to be proficient in the Window
    registry: only use it if you understand every detail and can
    assess all the risks involved, backup everything before use
    and use it entirely on your own risk. I also do not claim
    that it will solve your problem.
    Stefan Ram, Jul 1, 2012