Re: JAR file association on Windows 7 broken

Discussion in 'Java' started by markspace, Jul 1, 2012.

  1. markspace

    markspace Guest

    On 6/30/2012 5:00 PM, Qu0ll wrote:
    > I have somehow managed to break the file association between JAR files
    > and Java on Windows 7 such that I can no longer double click on an
    > executable JAR file. How can I fix it? Reinstalling the JRE has not
    > helped.

    That's weird to me that a reinstall doesn't help. You may have to clean
    out your registry. (Maybe: uninstall, clean, then reinstall?)

    But anyway, this link seems to describe how you can set file
    associations with command line parameters:

    <http://superuser.com/questions/136133/how-do-i-set-advanced-file-associations-in-windows-7>

    markspace, Jul 1, 2012