Re: jar

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Mar 15, 2007.

  1. On Mar 15, 9:50 pm, ivan danicic <> wrote:
    > Hello, please see my post on comp.lang.java.programmer, same subject.

    ...and in future, please refrain from posting to
    one group, while setting the follow-ups to another
    (unless you specifically inform the reader).

    (X-post to c.l.j.g./p. w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Andrew Thompson

    ivan danicic Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 15, 9:50 pm, ivan danicic <> wrote:
    >> Hello, please see my post on comp.lang.java.programmer, same subject.

    > ..and in future, please refrain from posting to
    > one group, while setting the follow-ups to another
    > (unless you specifically inform the reader).
    >
    > (X-post to c.l.j.g./p. w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)
    >
    > Andrew T.

    Andrew T: I have no idea what you mean.
    Ivan
    ivan danicic, Mar 15, 2007

  3. On Mar 16, 5:31 am, "ivan danicic" <> wrote:
    > Andrew T: I have no idea what you mean.

    GIYF

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Andrew Thompson

    Lew Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > GIYF

    "Google is Your Friend!"

    And he was referring to something you did with the "Newsgroup" destination and
    "Followup" destination on your original post in this thread.

    ivan danicic <> wrote:
    >> > Hello, please see my post on comp.lang.java.programmer, same subject.

    Basically, if you are looking for help from people, you do not want to make it
    difficult for them to help you, or they won't. Instead they are likely to find
    such an approach high-handed and excessively demanding. Such posts sometimes
    get rude responses; Andrew was being nice enough to show you how to ameliorate
    that.

    It's part of the larger principle of "prefer cross-posting over multi-posting,
    and prefer neither over either".

    -- Lew
    Lew, Mar 16, 2007