Re: jasper exception from jsp page

Discussion in 'Java' started by Owen Jacobson, Dec 1, 2008.

  1. On Dec 1, 10:34 am, harryos <> wrote:
    > hi
    > i am running a jsp page in tomcat 6. I installed appserv-jstl.jar to
    > my lib dir .This is the part of jsp page causing exception
    >
    > <%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
    > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    >         time is <c:eek:ut value="${dateString}" />

    > I get an error msg because of <c:eek:ut value="${dateString}" />
    > like
    > "According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute value
    > does not accept any expressions"

    The taglib URL for the JSTL tags changed between JSTL 1.0 and
    subsequent releases. The 1.0 tags do not support EL; the later
    versions do. The correct URL for core is, from a live project of mine,

    <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"%>

    The old URL was retained for backwards compatability in new releases,
    but doesn't support new features.

    Hope that helps,
    -o

    Owen Jacobson, Dec 1, 2008

  2. Owen Jacobson

    harryos Guest

    On Dec 1, 8:44 pm, Owen Jacobson <> wrote:
    > <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"%>

    thanks a lot Owen
    harry

    harryos, Dec 1, 2008