Re: Java and XML

Discussion in 'Java' started by John C. Bollinger, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Tony wrote:
    > Are there any open source Java tools that I can use to parse HTML into the
    > more
    > strict format of XHTML? Basically, I need to convert HTML into an XML
    > format.

    Googling gave at least some hits that looked promising:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=html xhtml translate&btnG=Google Search

    You may also wish to look at HTML Tidy, which is reputed to be able to
    do the job:

    http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

    In general, the World Wide Web Consortium is an excellent source for all
    kinds of useful information including many standards ("recommendations")
    defining web formats and protocols, tools and tool references,
    tutorials, and much more.

    http://www.w3.org

    John Bollinger

    John C. Bollinger, Jul 10, 2003