Re: Java Developer (Junior)

Discussion in 'Java' started by SoulSpirit, May 19, 2011.

  1. SoulSpirit

    SoulSpirit Guest

    On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:30:35 PM UTC+2, Jerome jjcpl.rpo wrote:
    > Java Developer (Junior)

    [...]

    If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd expect from an experienced developer!
    Perhaps things works different in USA than here in Europe but, hey!.. many developers in here would never reach such experience in their entire life!

    --
    SoulSpirit
    SoulSpirit, May 19, 2011

  2. On 11-05-19 07:10 PM, SoulSpirit wrote:
    > On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:30:35 PM UTC+2, Jerome jjcpl.rpo wrote:
    >> Java Developer (Junior)

    > [...]
    >
    > If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd expect from an experienced developer!
    > Perhaps things works different in USA than here in Europe but, hey!.. many developers in here would never reach such experience in their entire life!

    No "junior" developers anywhere on the planet have that kind of experience.

    What buddy's really looking for is a senior (quite senior) developer
    who's willing to be paid like shit. "Junior" == miserable compensation.

    AHS
    Arved Sandstrom, May 20, 2011

  3. In message
    <>,
    SoulSpirit wrote:

    > If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd
    > expect from an experienced developer!

    It seems to be quite common for HR drones to demand impossible
    qualifications, like 3 years’ experience in some technology that’s only been
    available for 2 years.

    Maybe it’s their way of making you feel like they’re doing you a special
    favour by even considering your application for the job.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 20, 2011
  4. SoulSpirit

    Lew Guest

    On 05/20/2011 06:39 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message
    > <>,
    > SoulSpirit wrote:
    >
    >> If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd
    >> expect from an experienced developer!

    > It seems to be quite common for HR drones to demand impossible
    > qualifications, like 3 years’ experience in some technology that’s only been
    > available for 2 years.
    >
    > Maybe it’s their way of making you feel like they’re doing you a special
    > favour by even considering your application for the job.

    You get, for example, very bright programmers from India like more than one
    friend of mine who travel to the U.K. or the U.S. or some supposed gold-paved
    haven for developers, who then are virtually imprisoned at ridiculously low
    pay and long hours under threat of deportment. Schmucks like the spammer here
    are evil exploiters and should be flensed.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    Lew, May 20, 2011
  5. SoulSpirit

    Lew Guest

    On 05/19/2011 06:10 PM, SoulSpirit wrote:
    > On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:30:35 PM UTC+2, Jerome jjcpl.rpo wrote:
    >> Java Developer (Junior)

    > [...]
    >
    > If you define this as a "junior" profile, I'm scared to ask what you'd expect from an experienced developer!
    > Perhaps things works different in USA than here in Europe but, hey!.. many developers in here would never reach such experience in their entire life!

    You might be interested to discover that the Google Groups interface you used
    for your Usenet post has some major flaws. Primarily, it separated your
    response from the conversational thread to which you replied. This has the
    unfortunate effect of removing all context and comprehensibility from your
    post. It's really not a constructive or helpful product for Usenet posts.

    Please do not use that particular Google Groups mode to respond to Usenet
    posts. Google around for the many other fine newsgroup agents (clients) that
    are available.

    --
    Lew
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.