Re: Java for business

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jeff Higgins, May 9, 2012.

  1. Jeff Higgins

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 05/09/2012 04:28 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > Please refer Oracle's website link,
    >
    > http://www.oracle.com/us/legal/terms/index.html
    >
    > It states that the software available in this site should not be used
    > for commercial purposes.
    >
    > Please tell me is there any way i can work use java on windows
    > environment free of cost for business.

    Your legal adviser: cljp? wtf

    Jeff Higgins, May 9, 2012

  2. Jeff Higgins

    markspace Guest

    On 5/9/2012 8:51 AM, Jeff Higgins wrote:

    > On 05/09/2012 04:28 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
    >>
    >> Please tell me is there any way i can work use java on windows
    >> environment free of cost for business.

    > Your legal adviser: cljp? wtf

    That's my reaction. To the op: If you really need legal advice, please
    contact a lawyer. Getting legal advice from random people on the
    internet is a serious fail.

    Also, learn to read plain English, as the license you link to is pretty
    darn clear about what it is saying.

    markspace, May 9, 2012

  3. Jeff Higgins

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/9/2012 12:16 PM, markspace wrote:
    > On 5/9/2012 8:51 AM, Jeff Higgins wrote:
    >> On 05/09/2012 04:28 AM, Lee Shaoran wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Please tell me is there any way i can work use java on windows
    >>> environment free of cost for business.

    >> Your legal adviser: cljp? wtf

    > That's my reaction. To the op: If you really need legal advice, please
    > contact a lawyer. Getting legal advice from random people on the
    > internet is a serious fail.
    >
    > Also, learn to read plain English, as the license you link to is pretty
    > darn clear about what it is saying.

    I think the advice to contact a lawyer is a lot better
    than to read the license as plain English. Legal matters
    should follow common sense, but the reality is a bit
    more complex.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 21, 2012