Re: Java Interview questions

Discussion in 'Java' started by Chris Smith, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Chris Smith

    Chris Smith Guest

    SMMT wrote:
    > You are right. I anwser thinking the class would just have 1 method. (I
    > coded an example to be shour). In that context: an abstract class is a class
    > with an abstract method.

    This piece of imported C++-ism (that an abstract class is a class with
    at least one pure virtual (or, in Java terms, abstract) method) doesn't
    apply to Java. The only such constraint is that a class with at least
    one abstract method must be an abstract class. The converse is not
    true. java.awt.Component provides an example.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Apr 6, 2004