Re: java.io.zip.Deflater.df.getAdler() always return -1 ...

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Jan 7, 2011.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    On 01/04/2011 02:11 PM, lbrt chx _ gemale kom wrote:
    > int iRdByts, iBfrSz = 2048;
    > byte[] bAr = new byte[iBfrSz];
    > ZIS = new ZipInputStream(new BufferedInputStream(ChkSum, bAr.length));
    > while((ZEnt = ZIS.getNextEntry()) != null){
    > while(ZIS.read(bAr) != -1);

    WTF?

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
    Lew, Jan 7, 2011

  2. On 06-01-2011 22:36, Ken Wesson wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:16:17 -0500, Lew wrote:
    >
    >> On 01/04/2011 02:11 PM, lbrt chx _ gemale kom wrote:
    >>> int iRdByts, iBfrSz = 2048;
    >>> byte[] bAr = new byte[iBfrSz];
    >>> ZIS = new ZipInputStream(new BufferedInputStream(ChkSum,
    >>> bAr.length)); while((ZEnt = ZIS.getNextEntry()) != null){
    >>> while(ZIS.read(bAr) != -1);
    >>> }

    >> WTF?

    > This is your brain:
    >
    > (=
    > (* 8 (count squares-seq))
    > (count (distinct (flatten (map generate-isomorphs squares-seq)))))

    Well - those with brain can understand that lew is
    puzzled by a post with so little context.

    > This is your brain on Microsoft coding practices:
    >
    > int iRdByts, iBfrSz = 2048;
    > byte[] bAr = new byte[iBfrSz];
    > ZIS = new ZipInputStream(new BufferedInputStream(ChkSum,
    > bAr.length)); while((ZEnt = ZIS.getNextEntry()) != null){
    > while(ZIS.read(bAr) != -1);
    > }
    >
    > Any questions?
    >
    > (The real horror of it is that this style of variable-naming is
    > promulgated as *improving* *readability*. And not just by Microsoft!)

    Maybe discussion about the whether hungarian notation is good or bad
    should be left to those that can see that in the above only half the
    variables uses hungarian notation.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 8, 2011

  3. Lew

    Lew Guest

    On 01/07/2011 08:41 PM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > On 06-01-2011 22:36, Ken Wesson wrote:

    >>> WTF?

    >> This is your brain:
    >>
    >> (=
    >> (* 8 (count squares-seq))
    >> (count (distinct (flatten (map generate-isomorphs squares-seq)))))

    > Well - those with brain can understand that lew is
    > puzzled by a post with so little context.
    >
    >> This is your brain on Microsoft coding practices:
    >>
    >> int iRdByts, iBfrSz = 2048;
    >> byte[] bAr = new byte[iBfrSz];
    >> ZIS = new ZipInputStream(new BufferedInputStream(ChkSum,
    >> bAr.length)); while((ZEnt = ZIS.getNextEntry()) != null){
    >> while(ZIS.read(bAr) != -1);
    >> }
    >>
    >> Any questions?
    >>
    >> (The real horror of it is that this style of variable-naming is
    >> promulgated as *improving* *readability*. And not just by Microsoft!)

    > Maybe discussion about the whether hungarian notation is good or bad
    > should be left to those that can see that in the above only half the
    > variables uses hungarian notation.

    Thanks for making that post visible, Arne. You are correct, a post absent
    context is puzzling. Equally puzzling is the response you cited. I guess
    given that the original post is absent context means that any random answer is
    equally germane.

    The question at which I was hinting is, "WTF are you asking?" The original
    post doesn't give a hint.

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
    Lew, Jan 8, 2011
  4. On 08-01-2011 08:13, Lew wrote:
    > On 01/07/2011 08:41 PM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    >>> This is your brain:
    >>>
    >>> (=
    >>> (* 8 (count squares-seq))
    >>> (count (distinct (flatten (map generate-isomorphs squares-seq)))))

    >> Well - those with brain can understand that lew is
    >> puzzled by a post with so little context.
    >>
    >>> This is your brain on Microsoft coding practices:
    >>>
    >>> int iRdByts, iBfrSz = 2048;
    >>> byte[] bAr = new byte[iBfrSz];
    >>> ZIS = new ZipInputStream(new BufferedInputStream(ChkSum,
    >>> bAr.length)); while((ZEnt = ZIS.getNextEntry()) != null){
    >>> while(ZIS.read(bAr) != -1);
    >>> }
    >>>
    >>> Any questions?
    >>>
    >>> (The real horror of it is that this style of variable-naming is
    >>> promulgated as *improving* *readability*. And not just by Microsoft!)

    >> Maybe discussion about the whether hungarian notation is good or bad
    >> should be left to those that can see that in the above only half the
    >> variables uses hungarian notation.

    > Thanks for making that post visible, Arne.

    The mixed blessings of plonking.

    :)

    > You are correct, a post
    > absent context is puzzling. Equally puzzling is the response you cited.
    > I guess given that the original post is absent context means that any
    > random answer is equally germane.
    >
    > The question at which I was hinting is, "WTF are you asking?" The
    > original post doesn't give a hint.

    I somewhat suspect that it relates to one of the separate
    posts by the same author about the same topic.

    But if a poster want feedback, then the poster needs to provide
    sufficient context for readers to be able to understand
    what it is all about.

    Most readers here have limited capabilities for mind reading.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 8, 2011