    Esmond Pitt Guest

    Good grief, must be the end of the month, here it is again, now 6 years
    out of date and in some respects wrong from the start.

    Esmond Pitt, May 31, 2005

  2. Esmond Pitt wrote:
    > Good grief, must be the end of the month, here it is again, now 6 years
    > out of date and in some respects wrong from the start.

    Did you try to contact the author? The FAQ distribution is apparently on
    auto-pilot via the mit.edu server. Getting the FAQ distribution from
    mit.edu changed requires an FAQ-specific password, which the author
    should have. Probably the author just forgot about pulling it when he
    moved to something else.

    The best would of course be that someone (your? :) provides a better
    replacement for the FAQ.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, May 31, 2005

  3. Esmond Pitt

    Esmond Pitt Guest

    Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
    > Esmond Pitt wrote:
    >
    >> Good grief, must be the end of the month, here it is again, now 6
    >> years out of date and in some respects wrong from the start.

    > Did you try to contact the author?

    Yes I did and the reaction couldn't have been any clearer that he wasn't
    interested in feedback. Thanks for the info.

    Esmond Pitt, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Esmond Pitt wrote:
    > Yes I did and the reaction couldn't have been any clearer that he wasn't
    > interested in feedback. Thanks for the info.

    Maybe you can discuss it with the server maintainers
    news-answers-request at mit.edu, citing the author's response, and ask
    them to suspend the posting because it is outdated.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Esmond Pitt

    Esmond Pitt Guest

    Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
    > Maybe you can discuss it with the server maintainers
    > news-answers-request at mit.edu, citing the author's response, and ask
    > them to suspend the posting because it is outdated.

    Thanks Thomas, I have contacted the author and if I get no response I
    will take the action you suggest. Enough is enough.

    Esmond Pitt, Jun 2, 2005