Re: java shopping carts

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Aug 13, 2011.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:21:39 -0700, Steve Sobol <>

    >So now I've turned to Java. So far, I've found JadaSite, KonaKart and
    >Shopizer. Was wondering if anyone has experience with any of those
    >products, or other similar products.

    I have collected a list of them at
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

    That might help you find some new candidates.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Aug 13, 2011

  2. Roedy Green

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:21:39 -0700, Steve Sobol <>
    >
    >> So now I've turned to Java. So far, I've found JadaSite, KonaKart and
    >> Shopizer. Was wondering if anyone has experience with any of those
    >> products, or other similar products.

    > I have collected a list of them at
    > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

    Roedy, when i open this page, my screen is immediately covered with 47
    tiny litle windows saying something like "GBP 0.27", with the numbers
    varying. I guess this is your currency converter applet.

    I also see currency converters on the page itself, but i seem to get them
    in their own windows too.

    I'm using Firefox 4.0.1, OpenJDK 1.6.0 (version openjdk-1.6.0.0-51.1.8.8
    from Fedora Linux; i have no idea what that corresponds to in normal
    version numbers), and the IcedTea6 1.8.8 plugin (OpenJDK doesn't have its
    own plugin), on Fedora 13.

    tom

    --
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

    Tom Anderson, Aug 14, 2011

  3. In article <>,
    Tom Anderson <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Roedy Green wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:21:39 -0700, Steve Sobol <>
    > > wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
    > >
    > >> So now I've turned to Java. So far, I've found JadaSite, KonaKart
    > >> and Shopizer. Was wondering if anyone has experience with any of
    > >> those products, or other similar products.

    > > I have collected a list of them at
    > > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

    > Roedy, when i open this page, my screen is immediately covered with
    > 47 tiny litle windows saying something like "GBP 0.27", with the
    > numbers varying. I guess this is your currency converter applet.
    >
    > I also see currency converters on the page itself, but i seem to get
    > them in their own windows too.
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 4.0.1, OpenJDK 1.6.0 (version
    > openjdk-1.6.0.0-51.1.8.8 from Fedora Linux; i have no idea what that
    > corresponds to in normal version numbers), and the IcedTea6 1.8.8
    > plugin (OpenJDK doesn't have its own plugin), on Fedora 13.

    For comparison:

    Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
    open-jdk/iced-tea version 6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.04.2
    Firefox 3.6.18+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.2

    The page cited hangs while loading the applets. This page, containing a
    single applet instance, works correctly:

    <http://mindprod.com/jgloss/currcon.html>

    No problem on Mac OS X, Safari 5.0.6 or Firefox 5.0.1.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Aug 14, 2011
  4. On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:23:27 -0400, John B. Matthews wrote:

    > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/shoppingcart.html

    No problem here (Opera 11.50, Firefox 3.6.18), both on Fedora 14.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK

    Martin Gregorie, Aug 14, 2011