Re: Java Telephony

Discussion in 'Java' started by Eric Olander, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Eric Olander

    Eric Olander Guest

    The group I work in has done this for Java, but not using JTAPI. We wrote a
    softphone application for Java (running on Windows) supporting analog
    (though a modem), ISDN and VoIP devices. For the analog and ISDN we wrote
    JNI wrappers around the MS TAPI dlls, and for VoIP we wrote JNI around the
    OpenH323 code. We had two developers working on this part - one on VoIP the
    other on TAPI, took about 6 months to get a stable code base. Good Luck.

    -Eric Olander
    Lucent Technologies

    Eric Olander, Jul 7, 2003