Re: JAVA_HOME

Discussion in 'Java' started by neuneudr@yahoo.fr, Dec 24, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Dec 24, 3:34 pm, wrote:
    > I've just installed tomcat using aptitude on my Debian system.
    > I think I've got $CATALINA_HOME pointing at the right place.
    > How can I tell where to point $JAVA_HOME to?
    >
    > www:~# java -version
    > java version "1.4.2"
    > gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-20)

    You can use the Un*x "which" command.

    On my Debian system, where Java is installed only for
    one user (and running Tomcat using a non-root
    account, by transparently redirecting port 80 and
    443 to unprivileged ports --but that is another
    topic :)

    .... $ java -version
    java version "1.6.0"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)
    .... $ which java
    /home/nonet/jdk1.6.0/bin/java
    .... $ echo $JAVA_HOME
    /home/nonet/jdk1.6.0

    That said I'd rather use a Sun JVM than the one you're
    using (I'm running Tomcat and IntelliJ IDEA etc. and
    good luck running that with the version you have).

    Hope it helps,

    Driss

    , Dec 24, 2008