Re: JAVA_HOME

Discussion in 'Java' started by JohnTheGeek, Dec 24, 2008.

  1. JohnTheGeek

    JohnTheGeek Guest

    On 2008-12-24, <> wrote:
    > I've just installed tomcat using aptitude on my Debian system.
    > I think I've got $CATALINA_HOME pointing at the right place.
    > How can I tell where to point $JAVA_HOME to?
    >
    > www:~# java -version
    > java version "1.4.2"
    > gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-20)

    > This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There
    > is NO
    > warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
    > PURPOSE.
    >
    > so I think java is installed ok.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Richard

    Try this:

    type java
    java is hashed (/usr/local/java/bin/java)

    based on this, I would say that my java is in /usr/local/java
    so I'd set my JAVA_HOME to /usr/loca/java and put $JAVA_HOME/bin on my PATH
    at the beginning

    --
    * Running Ubuntu 8.04 (The Hardy Heron), Vista and MacOSX
    * I want to be a Cranky Geek http://www.crankygeeks.com
    JohnTheGeek, Dec 24, 2008