Re: JAVA_HOME

Discussion in 'Java' started by JohnTheGeek, Dec 24, 2008.

  1. JohnTheGeek

    JohnTheGeek Guest

    On 2008-12-24, <> wrote:
    > Thanks to all for their advice on this thread. I'll try uninstalling
    > the version I have & getting the version from Sun instead.
    >
    > Regards
    > Richard

    I would agree with that. In my HH installation, I downloaded and install Java 1.6 JDK
    in /usr/local/java (after renaming the install directory to java)
    set my JAVA_HOME to /usr/local/java and added $JAVA_HOME/bin to
    my PATH variable (at the beginning of it) so that I know
    what version of Java and the location thereof that I am using.
    --
    * Running Ubuntu 8.04 (The Hardy Heron), Vista and MacOSX
    * I want to be a Cranky Geek http://www.crankygeeks.com

    JohnTheGeek, Dec 24, 2008