Re: JComboBox with IDentifiers

Discussion in 'Java' started by markspace, Aug 11, 2012.

  1. markspace

    markspace Guest

    From: markspace <-@.>

    On 8/10/2012 2:41 PM, Roberto Sagoleo wrote:
    > Hi Guys, here I am again with another amazing trouble! 0:cool:
    >
    > I need to create a JComboBox containing a list of Items, each of
    > which has its own IDentifier!
    >
    > So: when I select an Item of the JComboBox, I need to get its
    > IDentifier (ie: its ID in a DataBase Table).
    >
    > I wrote the following four classes example, and I hope this could
    > help someone else with my same needs!

    Honestly I think your code is overly baroque, and doesn't follow Java coding
    conventions. So it's not really useful.

    Take a look at the tutorials here, to see some examples that I think are more
    useful:

    <http://netbeans.org/kb/trails/tools.html>

    Let's extend this question somewhat: There's a "database inspector" built into
    NetBeans, but I find it clumsy. Do people use GUI-based database
    inspector/administration tools? Which ones do you like? If you were spec-ing
    a Java version, what features would you like to see?

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    markspace, Aug 11, 2012