Re: JComboBox with IDentifiers

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sax, Aug 13, 2012.

  1. Sax

    Sax Guest

    From: -nlb-this

    From: "Sax@DIST" <>

    Hi People,
    thanks a lot for your kind replies. 0:cool:

    I'll (try to) follow your suggests for JAVA programming in the future, as I'm
    working in JAVA language since a few days, and I didn't find any solution to my
    needs, so I wrote this one in the while of finding info about my needs! 0;-P

    BtW: which is the best place where to find (lots of simple) examples for
    learning the JAVA philosophy; for example: a *good and simple* solution for
    this problem? 08-?

    PS: I must use the Eclipse environment in the development of this small
    project, as it's part of a bigger one! 08-!

    Thanks a lot again,
    Roberto. 0:cool:

    On Friday, August 10, 2012 11:41:33 PM UTC+2, Sax@DIST wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    > here I am again with another amazing trouble! 0:cool:
    > I need to create a JComboBox containing a list of Items,
    > each of which has its own IDentifier!
    > So: when I select an Item of the JComboBox,
    > I need to get its IDentifier
    > (ie: its ID in a DataBase Table).
    > I wrote the following four classes example,
    > and I hope this could help someone else with my same needs!

    -+- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    + Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    -+- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98

    Sax, Aug 13, 2012

  2. Sax

    markspace Guest

    To: Sax
    From: "markspace" <markspace@1:261/38.remove-nlb-this>

    To: Sax@DIST
    From: markspace <-@.>

    On 8/12/2012 2:03 PM, Sax@DIST wrote:

    > BtW: which is the best place where to find (lots of simple) examples
    > for learning the JAVA philosophy; for example: a *good and simple*
    > solution for this problem? 08-?

    Well, I still don't know what the problem is, other than "I don't know Java."
    (Note spelling--not all caps.) Anything you read now should help, since you
    are just beginning. Here's two ideas, both from the Java tutorial (which you
    should certainly read).

    JCombobox:

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/combobox.html>

    Database connections: