Re: jdbc help:sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Discussion in 'Java' started by Keith Wansbrough, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. "Madhur Ahuja" <> writes:

    > * I saw code which accesses *access database* using this url
    > sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver . who provides this implementation
    > sun or microsoft.

    Sun provides a JDBC driver for ODBC. Microsoft provides an ODBC
    driver for Access. The two together mean a Java program can access
    an Access database.

    > where can I find the documentation of sun.* classes like I have those of
    > java.* classes. I have pdf file of JDBC Api specification but not
    > the ones like framed interfaces of java.* html pages.

    The sun.* classes are deliberately undocumented; they are internal to
    Sun's implementation of (some of) the java.* classes, and subject to
    change without notice. You should only ever depend on the java.*
    classes, and never need to know about the sun.* classes.

    --KW :cool:
    --
    Keith Wansbrough <>
    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/kw217/