Re: JNI and JDK1.4

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gordon Beaton, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. On 31 May 2004 03:51:35 -0700, Eelco Batterink wrote:
    > I am trying to invoke a JVM from C++ on a win32 platform. After
    > initialisation of the init structure, the classpath variable turns
    > out to be NULL.

    NULL classpath doesn't necessarily indicate any problems. You don't
    need to put anything into the classpath except your own additions, but
    the JVM should find the classes.zip (or equivalent) anyway.

    Is your JVM actually unable to load any of the standard classes?

    If you mean after calling JNI_GetDefaultJavaVMInitArgs(), note that it
    isn't necessary to use this function since 1.2. Are you using the new
    argument structure? Do you specify at least JNI_VERSION_1_2?

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Jun 1, 2004