Re: JS Stops working in IE6

Discussion in 'HTML' started by VK, May 17, 2008.

  1. VK

    VK Guest

    > Click on the "+" (at "level 1". That opens an inner table (level 2")
    > while changing to a "-". Click on the "+" in level 2. It does nothing
    > in IE6. In Firefox, it opens up another nested inner table (level 3)
    > and changes to a "-". Clicking on the "+" in level 3 opens the last
    > inner table (leve 4).

    It works for me under IE6 / Windows XP SP2
    What configuration are you using for test?

    Also IE's conditional comments are working only for HTML and not for
    external CSS files, so your last block in CSS file does nothing but
    breaking your CSS table. See also

    If you want IE-specific adjustments right in CSS table, use
    expressions:

    someElement {
    width: 20em; /* default value */
    width: expression(javascript code here) /* IE adjustment */
    }

    VK, May 17, 2008

  2. VK

    VK Guest

    On May 18, 12:34 am, sheldonlg <sheldonlg> wrote:
    > Is that a general rule to not have IE specific conditionals in CSS?

    Of course not. IE specific conditionals in CSS are wrong not because
    they are "theoretically wrong" or "should not be used" etc. They
    simply do not work if they are not on HTML page. So your comments in
    CSS file are not parsed and do nothing.

    > >http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250496.aspx

    > > If you want IE-specific adjustments right in CSS table, use
    > > expressions:

    > > someElement {
    > > width: 20em; /* default value */
    > > width: expression(javascript code here) /* IE adjustment */
    > > }

    > Thanks for the tip.

    you are welcome

    VK, May 17, 2008