Re: JSplitPane, some problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Mar 28, 2010.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:51:49 +0100, "Robbo" <> wrote,

    >Hello,
    >
    >I would like to have horizontal JSplitPane with two panels,
    >where one of them (bottom) should have always the same
    >height when we use only one touch expandables
    >(we assume, user doesn't use dragging of divider).

    If you don't want variable size, why not just use two JPanels inside a
    JPanel?
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    If you tell a computer the same fact in more than one place, unless you have an automated mechanism to ensure they stay in sync, the versions of the fact will eventually get out of sync.

    Roedy Green, Mar 28, 2010

  2. In article <>,
    Roedy Green <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:51:49 +0100, "Robbo" <> wrote,
    >
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >I would like to have horizontal JSplitPane with two panels,
    > >where one of them (bottom) should have always the same
    > >height when we use only one touch expandables
    > >(we assume, user doesn't use dragging of divider).

    > If you don't want variable size, why not just use two JPanels
    > inside a JPanel?

    I wondered about this, too. I'm guessing the OP wants to leverage the
    one-touch show/hide feature of JSplitPane, at least when it's supported.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Mar 28, 2010