Re: JTable in Applet doesn't receive keypresses under Win2000 (XP is Ok)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dag Sunde, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Dag Sunde

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "Ann" <> wrote in message

    > "Dag Sunde" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a (rather large as applets go) Applet
    > > running in IE 6.0 with JRE 1.4.2 (Plugin)
    > >
    > > Under Win XP, my JTable receives keypresses
    > > (goes into, and out of edit cell mode, arrow
    > > keys moves from cell to cell, etc...) ie.
    > > everything is working normally.
    > >
    > > But on every Win2000 box (Still IE 6.0/JRE 1.4.2)
    > > It doesn't receive any form of keyboard activity.
    > > No Arrow keys,no nothing...
    > >
    > > If I doubleclick on one of the cells with my mouse,
    > > the cell changes to The Celleditor, and the cursor
    > > blinks for input as normal, but no response when I
    > > try to type anything.
    > >
    > > It is just like the Whole keyboard have been disabled
    > > as long as the Applet have focus.
    > >
    > > I'm not able to reproduce the problem in a smaller
    > > SSCCE....
    > >
    > > TIA...

    > Maybe the win2000 box is 10-15 times slower than the xp box
    > and you didn't wait long enough.

    Unfortunately, no...

    Tested on 15 different (fast & slow) boxes...
    The results are consistent:
    JRE 1.4.2 /IE 6.0
    5 x WIN NT4: Works always
    5 x Win2000: Never works