Re: JTextArea text is double-spaced?

Discussion in 'Java' started by bad_knee, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. bad_knee

    bad_knee Guest

    (bad_knee) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    > I've been using append() to add text to a JTextArea component,
    > but the text ends up looking double-row-spaced when drawn.
    > Is there a way to get single-spaced rows of text with the JTextArea
    > component?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the replies, but nope. I'm not using a dos/windows file
    with 0x0a/0x0d combination. I've been all through the code and,
    can't find any double linefeeds. If you look at the screenshot below,
    you can see that hiliting the text with the mouse shows that each
    line of text is just taking up that much space.. not really two lines.

    I am running under Linux Mandrake 9.1 and sun j2sdk1.4.1 if that
    makes any difference. I'm thinking now it might be something
    strange with KDE or the font server.

    oh well, fwiw.. heres the screendump
    http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/ipwhore/scrshot.jpg

    Thanks,