Re: Keyboard hook in linux

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michael Torrie, Jan 13, 2013.

  1. On 01/13/2013 09:13 AM, K. Elo wrote:
    > I have searched in the Web and in several tutorials (e.g. "Programming
    > python"), but this seems to be a tricky one. The 'pyHook' library seems
    > to offer a keyboard hook manager, but 'pyHook' is not available for
    > linux :( IMHO, the 'curses' library offers no (direct) solution to this...

    You're wrong. curses does offer a direct solution to this. Check the
    docs. Also here's a nice intro document for Python 3:
    http://docs.python.org/dev/howto/curses.html

    You can check to see if a keystroke is waiting, grab it and then do
    something useful. curses can even grab keys like page up or page down.
    Michael Torrie, Jan 13, 2013