Re: LDAP SDK

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Tim Quon, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Tim Quon

    Tim Quon Guest

    This is cause I need a LDAP SDK for C, that's it.

    Tim

    Tim Quon, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Tim Quon <> wrote in

    >>Why is this a C language question? Please read the C-FAQ and remember to
    >>try www.google.com for finding things.

    > This is cause I need a LDAP SDK for C, that's it.
    >
    > Tim

    So what? My barber drives a car but I don't ask him about driving tips nor
    does writing a program in C mean that you have a question about the C
    language. Read the C-FAQ please.

    http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/faq.html

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Tim Quon

    Tim Quon Guest

    Nope!

    Since there is no one out there, I'll post here.
    Maybe someone can help. And isn't that the major task of a newsgroup?

    Tim Quon, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Tim Quon <> wrote in

    >>> This is cause I need a LDAP SDK for C, that's it.
    >>>

    >>So what? My barber drives a car but I don't ask him about driving tips
    >>nor does writing a program in C mean that you have a question about the
    >>C language. Read the C-FAQ please.
    >>
    >>http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/faq.html

    >Since there is no one out there, I'll post here.

    Out where?

    >Maybe someone can help. And isn't that the major task of a newsgroup?

    Yes but only within topic - you don't ask about marine fish keeping in
    rec.running do you? I am trying to help you. The C language doesn't know
    anything about LDAP so we can't help you here! You will have to find a
    more appropriate newsgroup or do some research.

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Aug 15, 2003
  5. Thomas Matthews, Aug 15, 2003
  6. On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:53:54 +0200, in comp.lang.c , Tim Quon
    <> wrote:

    >Nope!
    >
    >Since there is no one out there, I'll post here.

    and be ignored here too. Ever heard of a websearch? Sheesh.

    >Maybe someone can help. And isn't that the major task of a newsgroup?

    The task of a newsgroup is to discuss its topic, not some random
    unrelated stuff.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Aug 16, 2003
  7. Tim Quon <> wrote in message news:...
    > Nope!
    >
    > Since there is no one out there, I'll post here.

    Why?

    > Maybe someone can help.

    No regulars will now help you - not with this problem.

    >And isn't that the major task of a newsgroup?

    The major task of posters to a newsgroup is to remain on-topic.

    Alex (was 'Yes'), Aug 17, 2003
  8. Tim Quon

    Tim Quon Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:38:03 GMT, Thomas Matthews
    <> wrote:

    >Since you don't know if your programming in C or C++,
    >see my reply to your post in news:comp.lang.c++.

    I know that I use C++, and I also know that I can use C libraries.

    Tim Quon, Aug 18, 2003
  9. On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:11:47 +0200, in comp.lang.c , Tim Quon
    <> wrote:

    >So this is just a C newbie forum to discuss while and if statements.
    >Now I understand.

    Yeah, whatever, next time engage your brain before posting.

    But feel free to come back when you have a C question, in the meantime
    google is your friend.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Aug 19, 2003
  10. Tim Quon <> writes:
    > On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:33:19 +0100, Mark McIntyre
    > <> wrote:
    > >On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:53:54 +0200, in comp.lang.c , Tim Quon
    > ><> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Nope!
    > >>
    > >>Since there is no one out there, I'll post here.

    > >and be ignored here too. Ever heard of a websearch? Sheesh.
    > >
    > >>Maybe someone can help. And isn't that the major task of a newsgroup?

    > >The task of a newsgroup is to discuss its topic, not some random
    > >unrelated stuff.

    > So this is just a C newbie forum to discuss while and if statements.
    > Now I understand.

    No, I don't think you do.

    There's more than enough complexity and subtlety in standard C,
    without extensions, to keep this newsgroup busy. If you don't believe
    me, try lurking in the newsgroup for a while, and you'll see what I
    mean. Unfortunately, we have neither the time nor the expertise here
    to deal with matters outside that scope.

    I don't know of a newsgroup that deals specifically with LDAP, but a
    web search is very likely to turn up whatever information you need.
    If that doesn't work, the "comp.programming" or "comp.misc" newsgroup
    *might* be appropriate, but I don't hang out in either group so I
    can't speak for them.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 19, 2003