Re: Leading zero

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Lars Eighner, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. Lars Eighner

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode, <>, the
    lovely and talented sheldonlg broadcast on alt.html:

    > I* have a zip code stored in my database. It has a leading zero (say
    > 01906, for example). It is stored as a varchar with the leading zero.
    > When I print it out on the page, the leading zero is there. (It is
    > between a <td></td>).

    > I also have an export to Excel routine that formats it in what is sent
    > also between <td></td>. However, in Excel it appears without the
    > leading zero (1906, for example).

    > How can I force the leading zero to appear?

    You did not ask a question about HTML, but I would have responded by email
    if you had included a valid address.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/>
    Q. What did Palin do that Obama could not do?

    Lars Eighner, Oct 27, 2008