    -----Original Message-----
    From: python-list-bounces+mark=
    [mailto:python-list-bounces+mark=] On Behalf
    Of Alex Martelli
    Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 2:53 PM
    Subject: Re: learning python - the book

    scn wrote:

    > does anyone know when the next edition of 'learning python' is due for
    > release?

    "Soon" is the answer I got from O'Reilly since this summer:). I hear
    it
    IS finished, and don't know WHAT the (expletive deleted) is delaying it.

    Alex

    mark, Oct 21, 2003

  2. mark fed this fish to the penguins on Tuesday 21 October 2003 15:06 pm:

    > They're waiting for us to get whipped into a froth.

    Given that phrase, I am quite glad the language wasn't named Frog or
    Toad... "whipped into a froth" would bring on images of mating
    behavior... <G>

    Maybe Cleese is demanding royalties on the name? <G>

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 22, 2003