Re: License status of pycollada?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gene Heskett, Jan 8, 2013.

  1. Gene Heskett

    Gene Heskett Guest

    On Tuesday 08 January 2013 14:09:55 Jeff Terrace did opine:
    Message additions Copyright Tuesday 08 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

    > Hi Gene,
    >
    > I'm the maintainer of pycollada. No such paywall exists, and a login is
    > not required. I'm not sure how you came across that.

    Google search.

    > As Chris said, it's a standard BSD license. I'd be happy to help with
    > packaging, so feel free to contact me.

    It doesn't seem to be that important at the moment.

    I did find the src tarball later on another site, but it bails out because
    something is missing,
    gene@coyote:~/src/pycollada-0.4$ python setup.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "setup.py", line 2, in <module>
    from setuptools import find_packages, setup
    ImportError: No module named setuptools

    I should go look for setuptools.

    matplotlib also fails to configure, numpy is a version too old on 10.04.4
    Ubuntu, with no update for it available for that old a Ubuntu.

    10.04.4 LTS only has 1.3, so I am blocked there too.

    ATM, no biggie. Thanks for the email. I'm going to go make some swarf
    freehand.

    > Jeff

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    My views
    The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it.
    -- Anthony Burgess
    I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
    harder and harder to find any...

    Gene Heskett, Jan 8, 2013