Re: lightweight XSLT-based page flow: anyone thought of this?

Discussion in 'XML' started by SUPER KOOL 223, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Ok, guess I'm barking up the wrong tree ;-)

    So, everyone here, in this newgroup, is either happy with the
    top-level non-structure of web apps, happy to pay vendors for
    expensive visual tools they ultimately will detest, or they don't
    care. Correct?

    Just so you'all know in comp.text.xml, we're gonna use xslt for
    controllers and link mgmt web apps. Cheers.

    SUPER KOOL 223, Jul 30, 2003

  2. > So, everyone here, in this newgroup, is either happy with the
    > top-level non-structure of web apps, happy to pay vendors for
    > expensive visual tools they ultimately will detest, or they don't
    > care. Correct?

    Or you wrote off this newsgroup as useless in a mere 17 hours, without
    even waiting for the world to turn a full circle. Perhaps you are in a
    hurry.

    > Just so you'all know in comp.text.xml, we're gonna use xslt
    > for controllers and link mgmt web apps. Cheers.

    Whoopee! I hope all goes well.

    Maybe since you're an XSLT guru, you might know a fast and effective method
    of mapping unknown foreign XML formats to known local ones and storing that
    mapping in such a way that XSLT can be generated from it?

    Christopher.

    Christopher Boomer, Jul 30, 2003

  3. "Christopher Boomer" < (don't dash!)> wrote in message news:<3f27ce14$>...
    > > So, everyone here, in this newgroup, is either happy with the
    > > top-level non-structure of web apps, happy to pay vendors for
    > > expensive visual tools they ultimately will detest, or they don't
    > > care. Correct?

    > Or you wrote off this newsgroup as useless in a mere 17 hours, without
    > even waiting for the world to turn a full circle. Perhaps you are in a
    > hurry.

    Nobody reads page 2 of google.

    > > Just so you'all know in comp.text.xml, we're gonna use xslt
    > > for controllers and link mgmt web apps. Cheers.

    > Whoopee! I hope all goes well.

    It will. Thanks for your support.

    > Maybe since you're an XSLT guru, you might know a fast and effective method
    > of mapping unknown foreign XML formats to known local ones and storing that
    > mapping in such a way that XSLT can be generated from it?

    Why is that hard? (I'm not a Guru yet).

    SUPER KOOL 223, Jul 30, 2003