Re: Line Breaks

Discussion in 'Python' started by D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Nov 23, 2009.

  1. On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:46:23 -0500
    Susan Day <> wrote:
    > First, it does in fact ignore all line breaks, not just double line breaks.
    > Here's what I'm doing:
    > session.sendmail(clientEmail, ourEmail2, header+msg)
    > The email sent out has the message sans breaks.

    You should really post an entire script that runs and shows the error
    so that we can run it (changing the email address of course) to see
    what it does.

    --
    D'Arcy J.M. Cain <> | Democracy is three wolves

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain, Nov 23, 2009

  2. D'Arcy J.M. Cain

    Lie Ryan Guest

    D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:46:23 -0500
    > Susan Day <> wrote:
    >> First, it does in fact ignore all line breaks, not just double line breaks.
    >> Here's what I'm doing:
    >> session.sendmail(clientEmail, ourEmail2, header+msg)
    >> The email sent out has the message sans breaks.

    > You should really post an entire script that runs and shows the error
    > so that we can run it (changing the email address of course) to see
    > what it does.

    My guess: you're writing HTML email?

    In HTML, superfluous whitespace is ignored. Use <br /> for line break
    &nbsp; for space, or enclose the text in <pre>

    Lie Ryan, Nov 24, 2009