Re: Link Exchange. Does it work?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by xysyst@gmail.com, Aug 5, 2012.

  1. Guest

    On Friday, 25 September 1998 12:30:00 UTC+5:30, Ken wrote:
    > I would appreciate any comments in regards to whether Link Exchange
    > works.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks, Ken
    >
    > CipherSeek! Calculate your health, mind, and life.
    > http://silcon.com/~nek/cipherseek.html
    >
    > The Perfect Horse Classifieds.
    > http://silcon.com/~nek/ph/index.html
    >
    > Mills & Mills Ltd. Antiques. User friendly, lots of images.
    > http://silcon.com/~nek/ant1.html

    http://XySyst.net is a 100% SEO friendly Link Directory and Human Edited. Submit your web site free for review and inclusion to our fast growing free link

    , Aug 5, 2012

  2. Sam Hill Guest

    On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 17:31:28 -0700, xysyst wrote:

    > On Friday, **25 September 1998** 12:30:00 UTC+5:30, Ken wrote:
    >> I would appreciate any comments in regards to whether Link Exchange
    >> works.

    > http://XySpam.net is a 100% SPAM friendly Link Directory

    Google will see your "Link Directory" the same as any other link farm and
    lower ratings for (those few) sites listed there.

    Jeebus! WHY are you replying to a *14-year-old* post? (Oh sorry, you're
    a Google Groups user and don't know better.)

    --
    Sometimes the truth hurts

    Sam Hill, Aug 5, 2012

  3. On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 00:56:19 +0000, Sam Hill wrote:

    > On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 17:31:28 -0700, xysyst wrote:
    >
    >> On Friday, **25 September 1998** 12:30:00 UTC+5:30, Ken wrote:
    >>> I would appreciate any comments in regards to whether Link Exchange
    >>> works.

    >> http://XySpam.net is a 100% SPAM friendly Link Directory

    > Google will see your "Link Directory" the same as any other link farm
    > and lower ratings for (those few) sites listed there.
    >
    > Jeebus! WHY are you replying to a *14-year-old* post? (Oh sorry,
    > you're a Google Groups user and don't know better.)

    Not even that. It's probably a bot searching google groups for messages
    or (more likely) subjects containing a keyword, and responding to the
    posts.

    I'm guessing that the bright spark that wrote the bot didn't bother
    putting date constraints on the searches.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Aug 5, 2012