    While I have it working, I am still at a bit of a loss WHY this is needed.. If the event fires, why would there be a need to keep the calling control/function/etc around

    Thanks
    Andrew
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmV3IFdpZWQ=?=, Apr 26, 2004

  2. It's important to remember the lifecycle of the page: ... Page Load --> Process Events --> Page Prerender ... The page is built from scratch after every postback. You click a button, that causes a postback, the page unloads and is destroyed, the page reloads, and *then* that click event is processed. If the control that caused the event is no longer around, the system can't know what to do with it

    Nevermind, I've resolved the problem. When the event fired, I discarded the linkbutton that called the event

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCb3Jn?=, Apr 27, 2004