RE: linkbutton event not working (Resolved but still have a question)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmV3IFdpZWQ=?=, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Nevermind, I've resolved the problem. When the event fired, I discarded the linkbutton that called the event
    While I have it working, I am still at a bit of a loss WHY this is needed.. If the event fires, why would there be a need to keep the calling control/function/etc around

Thanks
    Andrew
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmV3IFdpZWQ=?=, Apr 26, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. It's important to remember the lifecycle of the page: ... Page Load --> Process Events --> Page Prerender ... The page is built from scratch after every postback. You click a button, that causes a postback, the page unloads and is destroyed, the page reloads, and *then* that click event is processed. If the control that caused the event is no longer around, the system can't know what to do with it

----- andrew Wied wrote: ----

Nevermind, I've resolved the problem. When the event fired, I discarded the linkbutton that called the event
    While I have it working, I am still at a bit of a loss WHY this is needed.. If the event fires, why would there be a need to keep the calling control/function/etc around

Thanks
    Andrew
    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCb3Jn?=, Apr 27, 2004
    1. Advertising