Re: linked list

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Ben Pfaff, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Ben Pfaff

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Ryan Molden <> writes:

    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:26:58 +0100, Richard Heathfield
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I guess you could always check the Rationale:
    > >
    > >http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/rat/d11.html#4-11-2-4

    > Thank you much, will do. I noticed this is the rationale for C89,
    > am I to take it the idea behind most standard lib functions and such
    > as discussed here has not changed in C99?

    There are few, if any, incompatible changes from the C89 library
    to the C99 library. strncpy() in particular has not changed.

    > I know they no longer do the rationale.

    I must be hallucinating then.
    http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n897.pdf
    --
    "Some programming practices beg for errors;
    this one is like calling an 800 number

    Ben Pfaff, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Ben Pfaff

    Ryan Molden Guest

    On 23 Jun 2003 22:15:44 -0700, Ben Pfaff <> wrote:

    >I must be hallucinating then.
    > http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n897.pdf

    Wow, thanks, I had heard from a source I previously held to be
    reliable that they had stopped doing the rationale, but I see now he
    was a lying sack of s&*t ;)

    Ryan Molden

    -------------------------[ Student ]----------------------------------

    University Of Washington

    Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering

    Ryan Molden, Jun 24, 2003

  3. On 23 Jun 2003 22:15:44 -0700, Ben Pfaff <> wrote:

    > Ryan Molden <> writes:
    > > [snip] am I to take it the [rationale] has not changed in C99? [snip]
    > > I know they no longer do the rationale.

    > I must be hallucinating then.
    > http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n897.pdf

    Or n937, the latest AFAICT.