Re: LinkedIn Python group discussions

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dwight Hutto, Oct 16, 2012.

  1. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Mark Lawrence <> wrote:
    > I've been sparked into raising the subject as this has just come up "Does
    > Jython/Python fall short of true POSIX thread parallelism?". I'm not
    > qualified to comment and I recognise relatively few names amongst the people
    > who do participate over there.

    I subscribe to many lists, but you're not going to find people
    interested in certain aspects of programming.

    The last thing I'd want would be FUD or
    > worse still complete crap being written in response to any thread and me not
    > being in a position to reply.

    If you're on the right mailing list, and you can use google for a
    little research, then it's very unlikely you'll get bs'd

    Is this something for the Python community
    > here to be thinking about?

    Not really. These are specific things being questioned that might have
    something to do with python, but are mainly specific to certain areas
    of computing that involve python, but need to be solved by others in
    other areas of computing/utilization of python.

    Sometimes it's their problem, but sometimes it's pythons, which does
    need to be analyzed and corrected for specific systems/OS's.

    --
    Best Regards,
    David Hutto

    Dwight Hutto, Oct 16, 2012