Re: Linker errors

Discussion in 'C++' started by Victor Bazarov, Sep 15, 2012.

  1. On 9/14/2012 12:56 PM, areej wrote:
    > Hello all I have many errors with my linker can any one answer me how to solve them ????this is sample
    > cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type 'C:\Users\new\op_models\first\firosim.project\firosim-cosim1.dev32.i0.si.a', object file assumed
    >
    > Creating library C:\Users\new\op_models\firs \firosim.project\firosim-cosim1.dev32.i0.lib and object C:\Users\new\op_models\first\firosim.project\firosim-cosim1.dev32.i0.exp
    > LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
    > firosim-cosim1.dev32.i0.si.a(ecc_zero_err_bgutil.dev32.i0.ps.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _oms_rr_info_update referenced in function _ecc_zero_err_bgutil
    > firosim-cosim1.dev32.i0.si.a(dpt_txdel_bgutil.dev32.i0.ps.obj) : error LNK2001:unresolved external symbol _oms_rr_info_update

    Warnings are valid, I suppose, but seem not to really affect the
    outcome, at least in your case. But you also have one unresolved symbol
    that means you need to supply the object file where that symbol is
    located so the linker can establish the connection. The name of that
    symbol (_oms_rr_info_update) suggests that it's an 'extern "C"' function
    that in the source code appears as 'oms_rr_info_update' (that is,
    without the leading underscore). Perhaps it's your own function that is
    located in a module (.c or .cpp) that you forgot to provide in the
    command line to your compiler...

    Generally speaking linker errors are off-topic here since most of those
    are OS- and compiler-specific. Consider posting to the newsgroup that
    deals with your compiler/toolset/OS.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 15, 2012