Re: Linking to graphics and stylesheet on a separate site - IE7blocking cookies and saying "No priva

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andy Dingley, Jan 26, 2009.

  1. Andy Dingley

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 25 Jan, 20:57, XyZed <> wrote:
    > Hello. I have several sites on different domains and I want them all
    > to use the same stylesheet.

    Then make sure that these shared resources are all addressable through
    URIs that use the "local" domain. Don't try to share _between_ domains
    like this, or you're into a world of grief for no benefit.

    There are two obvious ways to do this:

    * Host all of your domains on the same server(s) and config them
    through httpd.conf / .htaccess so that example.org/styles/ and
    example.com/styles/ both serve the same content from the same server
    directory.

    * Use entirely separate servers (or not) for each domain, but copy the
    content identically onto both. You ought to have some sort of staging
    server / version control system anyway, so just export from each to
    the several locations.
    Andy Dingley, Jan 26, 2009