Re: Linux shell to python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Jul 31, 2012.

  1. On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:56:48 +0000, Dan Stromberg <>

    > Sigh, and I'm also not keen on multi-line list comprehensions, specifically
    > because I think they tend to make less readable code. It also becomes a
    > mess when you need to insert print statements to get some visibility into
    > what's going on.

    Cleanly splitting the list-comp by

    [ result-computation
    for-item-selection-clause
    if-filter-clause ]

    isn't that unreadable... But anyone doing

    [ result-
    -computation for-item-
    -selection-clause if-
    -filter-
    -clause ]

    should be pecked to death by a dead parrot.

    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Jul 31, 2012