Re: Linux shell to python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lawrence, Jul 31, 2012.

  1. On 31/07/2012 02:20, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:56:48 +0000, Dan Stromberg <>
    >

    >> Sigh, and I'm also not keen on multi-line list comprehensions, specifically
    >> because I think they tend to make less readable code. It also becomes a
    >> mess when you need to insert print statements to get some visibility into
    >> what's going on.

    > Cleanly splitting the list-comp by
    >
    > [ result-computation
    > for-item-selection-clause
    > if-filter-clause ]
    >
    > isn't that unreadable... But anyone doing
    >
    > [ result-
    > -computation for-item-
    > -selection-clause if-
    > -filter-
    > -clause ]
    >
    > should be pecked to death by a dead parrot.

    Any particular species?

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.

    Mark Lawrence, Jul 31, 2012

  2. Mark Lawrenceæ–¼ 2012å¹´7月31日星期二UTC+8下åˆ3時15分32秒寫é“:
    > On 31/07/2012 02:20, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:56:48 +0000, Dan Stromberg <>

    > > declaimed the following in gmane.comp.python.general:

    > >> Sigh, and I'm also not keen on multi-line list comprehensions, specifically

    > >> because I think they tend to make less readable code. It also becomesa

    > >> mess when you need to insert print statements to get some visibility into

    > >> what's going on.

    > > Cleanly splitting the list-comp by

    > > [ result-computation

    > > for-item-selection-clause

    > > if-filter-clause ]

    > > isn't that unreadable... But anyone doing

    > > [ result-

    > > -computation for-item-

    > > -selection-clause if-

    > > -filter-

    > > -clause ]

    > > should be pecked to death by a dead parrot.

    > Any particular species?
    >

    > --
    >
    > Cheers.
    >

    > Mark Lawrence.

    For each item in the known list that passes the required conditional test,
    then use the item to perform the tasks desired as instructed.

    It is not necessary that a new list has to be constructed in the tasks.

    A method which can produce a new object always involves some memory management.
    Therefore, some error handling part should not be missing.

    88888 Dihedral, Jul 31, 2012

  3. Mark Lawrenceæ–¼ 2012å¹´7月31日星期二UTC+8下åˆ3時15分32秒寫é“:

    88888 Dihedral, Jul 31, 2012