Re: list comprehension question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dwight Hutto, Oct 17, 2012.

  1. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    > On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Kevin Anthony
    > <> wrote:
    >> I've been teaching myself list comprehension, and i've run across something
    >> i'm not able to convert.
    >>
    >> here's the original code for matrix multiplcation
    >>
    >> retmatrix = Matrix(self.__row,other.__col)
    >> for m in range(0,retmatrix.__row):
    >> for n in range(0,retmatrix.__col):
    >> product = 0
    >> for p in range(1,self.__col+1):
    >> product += (self.__matrix[m][p] * other.__matrix[p][n])
    >> retmatrix.__matrix[m][n] = product
    >>
    >> Here is what i have so far:
    >> retmatrix.__matrix = [[ product = product + (self.__matrix[m][p]*
    >> other.__matrix[p][n])
    >> if product else self.__matrix[m][p]* other.__matrix[p][n])
    >> for p in range(0,self.col)
    >> for n in range(0,self.col)]
    >> for m in range(0,self.__row)]
    >>
    >> But i know that isn't correct, can someone nudge my in the right direction?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Thanks
    >> Kevin Anthony
    >> www.NoSideRacing.com
    >>
    >> Do you use Banshee?
    >> Download the Community Extensions:
    >> http://banshee.fm/download/extensions/
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    > I did this a little while back for something else, but memories get
    > jumbled up in these molecules of data I have floating around in my
    > mind, but maybe this will put you on the right track.
    >

    > --

    I know this doesn't answer the python question, but it will help you
    algorithm out what you need to know.

    I do lots of interdisciplinary research, so if this doesn't help, let
    me know, and I'll take a refresher, and work up some code. Also, look
    at numpy.
    --
    Best Regards,
    David Hutto