Re: Living in a RAM-rich World

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jon A. Cruz, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Jon A. Cruz

    Jon A. Cruz Guest

    Sudsy wrote:
    > Paul Tomblin wrote:

    >>> Debugging and Refactoring.

    >> System.out.println and sed.
    >>

    > Good point! Even Sun agrees. From the following URL:
    > <http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/Programming/JDCBook/collect.html#debug>
    >
    > (apologies to browsers or mail readers which have
    > problems with the length!):
    > "A common way to add diagnostic code to an application is to use
    > System.out.println

    Yup. I'm a firm believer of println. However there are times where
    breakpointing or single-stepping can be quicker. And with Eclipse being
    able to edit and recompile parts of a program while it's still running,
    it can speed up development that way.

    Jon A. Cruz, Jun 27, 2003