Re: Living in a RAM-rich World

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:13:51 -0400, Sudsy <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >"A common way to add diagnostic code to an application is to use
    >System.out.println
    >statements at strategic locations in the application. This technique is
    >fine during
    >development, providing you remember to remove them all when you release
    >your product."
    >If it's good enough for Sun then it's good enough
    >for me!

    I discovered you can't use the technique to debug a paintComponent
    method. Putting println's somehow fouls it up. Does paintComponent
    have a timer, and if you do any printlns your time's up before you did
    anything??

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 28, 2003