Re: Living in a RAM-rich World

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rene, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Rene

    Rene Guest

    (xarax) wrote:
    > I just upgraded my lowly Windoze to 1GB of RDRAM(800). My stupid
    > WindowsME cannot handle more than that. WindowsXP will handle 16GB.
    > I haven't a clue how much RAM can be handled by the 64-bit machines
    > and OS's.

    Some petabytes (by the hardware/address space). Actual upper limit depends
    on the OS.

    I also have now 1GB of RAM in my desktop system. Ram is just so cheap
    today. My system at work, a Sun Blade 100 with 128 MB RAM just takes 40
    seconds to start eclipse and then some to refresh the workspace depending
    on project size...

    That's why they made coffee machines :)

    Rene, Jun 28, 2003