Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open or save file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Juan T. Llibre, Jun 20, 2008.

  1. re:
    !> IIS says that dot.net version 2 is installed even though I installed version 3.5.

    The 3.5 version targets the same CLR as the 2.0 version.

    re:
    !> every time I try to access the ASPX pages locally (using http://localhost/main.aspx
    !> in the browser address bar), the browsers don't display the pages. Instead, a popup box
    !> asks if I want to open or save, and opening with the browser just shows me the code.

    Sounds like ASP.NET isn't registered with IIS.

    Open a command window to the .net Framework 2.0 directory
    ( drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 )

    i.e., click the "start" button, then click "run", write "cmd" and hit "Enter".

    Then, issue this directory change :

    cd\

    and then, this one :

    cd WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

    Once you're there, write this command :

    aspnet_regiis -i

    ....and hit Enter.

    Let us know whether that works...