Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open or save file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 21, 2008.

  1. It sounds like you may need to repair your IIS mappings.
    Here are the details on how to do that:
    http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 21, 2008

  2. Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]

    Cyril Gupta Guest

    Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open orsave file

    ASP.Net 3.5 is an extension to ASP.Net 2, that's why you will see ver.
    2 displayed in IIS. That's not a cause to panic.

    Check in IIS whether it is handling ASPX pages. I think you will find
    it in the extensions section. Orr's article is short and sweet, and it
    even gives you a very likely cause.

    I hope your situation is remedied. I would have installed windows
    afresh by now. That's my solution to most system trouble.
    Cyril Gupta, Jun 21, 2008