Re: Location of system event lof of the web server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Errors can be logged in the event log, which you can open from the Run box by
    typing:

    eventvwr.msc /s

    Other logging is done in

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Logfiles\W3SVC1

    Ken
    MVP [ASP.NET]

    --
    Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

    "TomTom" <> wrote in message
    Hello-

    I got the error message below and trying to find where the web server log
    is. I use IIS that comes with XP. Can some of you please let me know where
    the errors are usually logged?

    Thank you in advance.
    TomTom
    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 24, 2003

  2. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

    TomTom Guest

    Thanks for your help so soon. I'm taking a look at the Event Viewer, but
    there are no errors dated today. I also took a look at the ex030824.log in
    the folder you specified below, but there are no usuful messages.

    I didn't add any code for the ASP.NET web application, but the error message
    is still displayed. I use the initial version of VS.Net. Have you heard
    something about this kind of thing?

    I hope I don't have to wipe the C:\ drive to fix this...

    TomTom

    TomTom, Aug 24, 2003

  3. What is the error message?

    Is it connected to this?

    http://www.asp.net/faq/ms03-32-issue.aspx

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 24, 2003
  4. Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

    TomTom Guest

    I went to the web site and ran the batch file. Now it's fixed!!!!! I really
    really thank you for your help! It saved me tons of time.

    TomTom

    TomTom, Aug 24, 2003