Re: Long time loading

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rf, May 6, 2010.

  1. rf

    rf Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
    > time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
    > main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
    > page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
    > the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
    > How can I fix it? TIA.

    Loads for me in less than a second. Of course it doesnt work as Firefox does
    not the media you are using and no, I'm not going to install a plugin just
    to display your media.

    If *you* are using IE with activeX controls enabled then be advised that you
    will be downloading over twenty one point three six megabyts of data. That
    is probably why it is slow to load for you.
    rf, May 6, 2010

  2. rf

    dorayme Guest

    In article <fYmEn.23218$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
    > > time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
    > > main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
    > > page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
    > > the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
    > > How can I fix it? TIA.

    > Loads for me in less than a second.

    Me too, well, not all the music completely loaded but much and
    certainly a few songs could be played immediately. I only tried
    it in Safari

    Btw I had to reduce my normal font-size a few clicks to make the
    page seem normal and unbroken. You can play all the songs at the
    same time!

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 6, 2010