Re: Long time loading

Discussion in 'HTML' started by 123Jim, May 6, 2010.

  1. 123Jim

    123Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
    > time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
    > main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
    > page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
    > the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
    > How can I fix it? TIA.

    As others have said the problem is that all the music files are downloaded
    immediately.

    I hope you don't mind I nicked your music to test out this free open source
    player which solves your problem by only downloading the file when it is
    played in the player.
    Here's my test page: (ignore the stuff at the top - that's for another
    thread here)
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ladycroft/random.html

    To read about and download the player (which you need to load to your web
    folder):
    http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

    Let me know if you need help setting it up.

    123Jim, May 6, 2010