Re: Looking for an IPC solution

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida N, Sep 6, 2012.

  1. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    On 08/31/2012 11:05 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
    > Laszlo Nagy <gandalf <at> shopzeus.com> writes:
    >

    > How about the standard multiprocessing module? It supports shared memory, remote
    > processes, and will most probably work under PyPy:
    > http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html

    I always thought, that the multiprocessing module does NOT use shared
    memory (at least not under windows)

    My understanding was, that it forks (or whateveri is closest to fork
    under windows) and uses sockets and pickle to communicate between the
    processes.

    I would be very interested in a cross platform shared mem solution for
    python.
    Could you please point me to the right section.

    Gelonida N, Sep 6, 2012