Re: Losing Form data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Hi Matthew,

    Changes made to your listbox items at the client-side won't be automatically
    persisted to the server. You will need to write some additional code to make
    this happen (ie. posting the list of items in a hidden-form field, parsing
    it at the server and updating the Items collection accordingly).

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    and not by private mail.
    "Matthew C" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have two List Boxes on one page, one list box is a populated server-side
    > from a data source, the other is initially empty. The page then allows

    the
    > user to move data from the first box to the second (empty) list box via a
    > client-size JavaScript.
    >
    > Once the second box has data in it, the user submits/posts and a

    server-side
    > function attempts to read the data.
    >
    > PROBLEM: The data (in the second box) that is populated through the
    > client-side JavaScript is not persistent and does not make it to the

    server.
    > The first box maintains its data through postings, but the second box

    loses

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jun 25, 2003