    I have a meeting for the rest of the day but I will view any response tomorrow

    Thanks

    Michael

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTTA==?=, Feb 25, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTTA==?=

    Gonenc Ercan Guest

    I kinda had the same problem, what happened to me was that the web
    application had an memory leak which forced the application to restart. When
    the application restarts the session which is by default stored in memory of
    the application is reset 2. Although the cookies are still valid the session
    variables are removed from the memory because the application has restarted.
    I ve solved it by using Sql server session state. It did slow it a little
    bit, but the session variables does not get lost even if you restart the web
    server!!! there are lotsa reasons why the application may restart.

    this paper gives more details;
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316148

    Gonenc Ercan

    "Michael SL" <> wrote in message
    > Bill
    >
    > I have already posted the code, search "Lose Session Variables" or

    "Michael SL" and view my response to David Coe. I have stepped through the
    offending code (it fails frequently but does not always). The session
    variables are still there at the End Sub for the Button Click handler, but,
    the next time the web page is posted, the session variables are gone.

    > I do think I have a fix. Even when the session variables disappear, the

    cookies are OK. I have set my needed variables into the cookies and then
    when I lose my session variables I just reset them from the cookies.

    Gonenc Ercan, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Very interesting. Michael, it's probably worth breaking on application_start in global.asax to see if that's firing when it shouldn't be

    ----- Gonenc Ercan wrote: ----

    I kinda had the same problem, what happened to me was that the we
    application had an memory leak which forced the application to restart. Whe
    the application restarts the session which is by default stored in memory o
    the application is reset 2. Although the cookies are still valid the sessio
    variables are removed from the memory because the application has restarted
    I ve solved it by using Sql server session state. It did slow it a littl
    bit, but the session variables does not get lost even if you restart the we
    server!!! there are lotsa reasons why the application may restart

    this paper gives more details
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;31614

    Gonenc Erca

    "Michael SL" <> wrote in messag
    > Bil
    >> I have already posted the code, search "Lose Session Variables" o

    "Michael SL" and view my response to David Coe. I have stepped through th
    offending code (it fails frequently but does not always). The sessio
    variables are still there at the End Sub for the Button Click handler, but
    the next time the web page is posted, the session variables are gone
    >> I do think I have a fix. Even when the session variables disappear, th

    cookies are OK. I have set my needed variables into the cookies and the
    when I lose my session variables I just reset them from the cookies
    >> I have a meeting for the rest of the day but I will view any respons

    tomorrow

    =?Utf-8?B?QkI=?=, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Ye

    Firing orde
    ApplicationStar
    SessionStar
    Mouse Click - Norma
    Nothin
    Mouse Click - Failur
    SessionEn
    ApplicationEn
    ApplicationStar
    SessionStart

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTTA==?=, Feb 26, 2004